Megan E Davis Postpartum Doula Services
I am a highly experienced professional who has assisted over 200 Seattle area families during the critical period after the birth of their baby, offering educational, emotional and practical support. I received my education through the DONA International approved Postpartum Doula course at Bastyr University's Simkin Center in 2007 and am certified through the Northwest Association of Postpartum Support (NAPS).
My goal is to help families have a smoother transition to parenthood by being a calm, knowledgable, and non-judgmental presence and by encouraging new parents to listen to their inner wisdom. I also connect parents to community resources that will help them gain the support that they need for a richer experience. I especially enjoy working with first time parents.
Being invited into your home to help care for your family during this special time is an honor to me. Caring for and nurturing newborns is one of the best benefits of my job, and I also greatly enjoy watching new parents learn to care for their newborns and become self-assured in their new roles.
My own journey to parenthood began when my son was born in 2007. In 2010, my daughter came into our family. As a parent, I understand personally how challenging it can be to adjust to a new baby and the life changes that they bring to parents, whether they are your first or subsequent child. I have personally experienced being the birthing parent and partner to the birthing parent.
- Staff Doula at Swedish Medical Center First Hill, Postpartum
- Advanced Postpartum Doula with Swedish Doula Program
- Member of and Certified by Northwest Association of Postpartum Support (NAPS Doulas).
Continuing Education and Community Involvement
- Staff Doula, Swedish Medical Center First Hill, Postpartum (2022-current)
- Advanced Postpartum Doula, Swedish Doula Program @ Swedish Medical Center (2019-current)
- Facilitator for Newborn groups, Connecting the Expecting groups, and LGBTQIA+ affinity groups at PEPS/Program for Early Parent Support (2009-current)
- Postpartum Doula Mentor through NAPS Doulas and Swedish Doula Program (2016-2021)
- Eastside Health Network Provider (2021-current)
- Infant/Child/Adult CPR certification (2007-current)
- NW Doula Conference 2008, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- TransMasc Fertility and Birth with Kayden Coleman (2020)
- Postpartum Psychosis: Reading and Conversation with Sarah Townsend (2020)
- Pregnancy and Employee Rights with Angel James Horacek and Lindsay Halm (2020)
- Pumping 101 for Doulas (2019)
- Providing Postpartum Support to Families in Recovery NAPS Doulas (2019)
- Am I Good Enough: When an Adopted Person Becomes a Parent with Spring Hecht NAPS Doulas (2019
- Cultural Competency: Working with Diverse Populations in Maternal and Child Health with Shafia Monroe (2018)
- Breastsleeping with Dr. James Mckenna (2017)
- Understanding Perinatal Emotional Health of African American and Native American Mothers with Sherry Payne and Camie Goldhammer (2015)
- MotherWoman Perinatal Support Group Facilitator Training (2014)
- Help Beyond the Hospital Stay (2014)
- GLBTQ Cultural Competency Training (2013)
- The Normal Newborn class (2013)
- Breastfeeding 201: What Doulas Need to Know (2013)
- Placenta Encapsulation with Carrie Kenner (2012)
- Working with People Who Have Experienced Birth-Related Trauma with Penny Simkin (2012)
- Volunteered at Seattle Breastfeeding Medicine observing and participating with patient care (2012)
- Postpartum Nutrition and Doula Cooking Training (2011)
- DONA International 2008 Conference
- La Leche League Professional Breastfeeding Conference (2008, 2011)
- Postpartum Support International of WA Conference 2007
- Ongoing training through NAPS, PALS and other organizations
All images are not to be reproduced in any way.