Megan E Davis Postpartum Doula Services
I am an experienced professional who has assisted many Seattle area families during the critical period after the birth of their baby, offering educational, emotional and practical support. I received my education through the DONA International approved Postpartum Doula course at Bastyr University's Simkin Center in 2007 and am certified through the Northwest Association of Postpartum Support (NAPS).
My goal is to help families have a smoother transition to parenthood by being a calm, knowledgable, and non-judgmental presence and by encouraging new parents to listen to their inner wisdom. I also connect parents to community resources that will help them gain the support that they need for a richer experience.
Being invited into your home to help care for your family during this special time is an honor to me. Caring for and nurturing newborns is one of the best benefits of my job, but even more than that I enjoy watching new parents learn to care for their newborns and become self-assured in their new roles.
In addition to being a doula, I have worked as a Newborn Group Facilitator for PEPS/Program for Early Parent Support since 2009 leading over 21 groups! I also served at the PEPS GLBTQ Supplemental Group Leader for a year.
My own journey to parenthood began when my son was born in 2007. In 2010, my daughter came into our family. As a parent, I understand personally how challenging it can be to adjust to a new baby and the life changes that they bring to parents, whether they are your first or subsequent child. I have personally experienced being the birthing parent and partner to the birthing parent.
- Member of NAPS
- Certified by NAPS
- nfant/Child/Adult CPR certified
- NW Doula Conference 2008, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Breastfeeding Help Beyond the Hospital Stay (2014)
- GLBTQ Cultural Competency Training (2013)
- The Normal Newborn class (2013)
- Breastfeeding 201: What Doulas Need to Know (2013)
- Placenta Encapsulation with Carrie Kenner (2012)
- Working with People Who Have Experienced Birth-Related Trauma with Penny Simkin (2012)
- Volunteered at Seattle Breastfeeding Medicine observing and participating with patient care (2012)
- Postpartum Nutrition and Doula Cooking Training (2011)
- DONA International 2008 Conference
- La Leche League Professional Breastfeeding Conference (2008, 2011)
- Postpartum Support International of WA Conference 2007
- Ongoing training through NAPS, PALS and other organizations
All images are not to be reproduced in any way.